Monday, February 12, 2007

I've been interviewed by the St. Pete's Times!

Last week I received a phone call from a very nice man. He is from The St. Petersburg Times in Tampa, Florida. He wanted an interview, so we talked for a while. Not a long while, but a while just the same.

Today he has written his article, and he has quoted me in it. He did quote me accurately, but it was only one line. I understand he only has so much space to write his story, and his story was not about me. He was doing a story about CENTCOM.
Blogs are CentCom's new target.
By WILLIAM R. LEVESQUE, Times Staff Writer
Published February 12, 2007


Since 2005, CentCom officials have jumped into the blogging fray, facing the realities of a new electronic age in hopes of combating misinformation on the Web, or just getting its own news out.

A three-person team monitors blogs - Internet journals with commentary from ordinary citizens and, often, links to news articles - that concentrate on CentCom's area of responsibility, which includes Iraq and Afghanistan. [Read more.]
Either way, I am very excited! This is my first mention in a large newspaper. Hopefully I can write some articles that are worthy of some new readers. Anyone have any ideas of issues I have not yet covered? If so, leave me a comment or an e-mail. Thank you, and have a great day.

Labels: , ,