Friday, December 02, 2005

Atlantic Review Carnival: America-German Relations

One of the sites I recently found, Atlantic Review, is having a blogger Carnival. Everyone is invited. It will be on December 11, 2005. This is one of the worst days in our recent past. On December 11, 1941, Germany declared war on the United States of America. Now fast forward to the present.

Prior to the 1441 resolution, which was unanimously endorsed, France and Germany promised Secretary of State Powell they would back the United States if Saddam Hussein did not comply with said resolution. This was very important because had they done so, we could have shown a united front to Saddam. He may have been forced to comply, without allies in the UN.

Unfortunately, this was not to be. As we are learning day by day, there was much bribery, stealing, and deceit at the oil for food program. This prevented either man from caring about anyone but themselves. (BTW, it was all about the oil contracts. Who was after the oil?)

You did not care about a country that saved you from the very fate we were trying save these people. By the lack of care, jeapordy was the world's...war with tyrants who commit genocide against their own people was the result. Who was to care about the ME? If not us, who? If not now, when?

I suppose when we say, "Never again," it is only to make us 'feel' better. I do not feel better. We may not have had to go to war had we shown a united front. We shall never know. Have you seen the mass graves? There are over 400,000 dead Iraqis that were someone. They loved people and were loved. They had lives.

Yet today we cannot even reach a definition of the word 'genocide.' How absurd! The people in Darfur, Sudan, can tell you what it means. Does anyone care? Oh, that's right. I guess it would offend some people to call genocide=genocide. Let your yes's be yes and your no's be no. 'Let genocide be genocide no matter who it offends. It offends me you do not recognize it.'

Then you have the nerve to call my President a Nazi? How dare you! He's your monster, and we defeated him for you. I do not understand this...unless you want to live under true fascism? I do not believe so. I also believe you never have, or you wouldn't be tossing around words such as these with such ease.

I had written a comment earlier where I stated my belief that Germans wanted "us" dead. Allow me to expand. By not standing with us, you stood against us with the terrorists. That is as plain as I am able to put it. When we needed you, you were not there. I find that hard to forgive, but I am willing to listen and try.

You really hurt me personally. Your hatred for President Bush did not give you the right to hate me. What did I do? You also have hurt all the families and loved ones of all those whom have lost their lives in a war we may not have had to fight, if only you would have stood with us...

PS. I hope I did not offend the good people who understand, and I hope I offended every jerk that wishes us harm. Thank you for allowing me to speak my mind. It has weighed heavily. I'm sure you have some feelings I could learn from as well. God bless you, and have a good day.