Friday, July 22, 2005

News around the World 7/22/2005

U.N. report slams Zimbabwe slum destruction, AP, USA Today
Mugabe has put 700,000 people out of their homes by destroying them. It was mostly opposition party homes, and when the leader heard, he said it was "music to his ears."
House endorses NASA missions to Moon and Mars, Washington, AP, USA Today
This is for you NASA freaks. hehehe.
Veto threatened over Senate efforts to stop base closures, Washington, AP, USA Today
I hate base closures. I hate them, I do. Are they necessary? I don't care. I hate base closures. He finally brings out the veto pen, and he threatens to hold up the defense bill because people want to keep their bases open. Go figure.
"If World War Two had been an online Real Time Strategy game, the chat room traffic would have gone something like this." It looks pretty fun. Hat tip to Arthur Chrenkoff
Musharraf urges holy war on terror Washington Times
It's about time, but it's a good step forward. Now that OBL is long gone...
More to come...? hehehe. Wait and see, I guess. I have to go to sleep now! It's already noon! Oh, I didn't tell you? I get up at 3 pm! lol.