Friday, July 29, 2005

Daily Quote 7/29/2005

Friday, July 29, 2005
"The tendency of a national bank is to increase public and private credit. The former gives power to the state, for the protection of its rights and interests: and the latter facilitates and extends the operations of commerce among individuals. Industry is increased, commodities are multiplied, agriculture and manufacturers flourish: and herein consists the true wealth and prosperity of a state." -- Alexander Hamilton

(Report on Manufactures, 1790) Reference: The Works of Alexander Hamilton, Henry Cabot Lodge, ed., 362.

Public credit, as you may know, is credit given to the state government. You remember the crisis we have in California? Wall Street was refusing to lend us any more money for bonds put on the ballot, because we had more debt than we could ever pay.

The Republican answer? Stop paying for illegal aliens, cut double and triple programs that solved the same social program and would not harm the society, stop the pork spending such as building statues to one's self, spend the money where it is supposed to go, put money in the schools first-whatever is left could pay the beaurocrats, and cut taxes.

The Democrats answer? Raise taxes.

Oh? You thought there was more? You don't live here then!

Now as far as the private credit goes, that is you and me. When monies are set aside by a bank for our benefit (with interest to be payed back, of course), we are able to start businesses, meet payroll, grow our companies, perform civil services such as donate to hospitals and schools, provide products that are in demand, and so many other ways.

It is this source of growth people seem to have the hardest time grasping. Do you honestly believe that all businesses are crooked? Then I suppose you despise your grandparents! That's right. Many of the people in America, at one time or another, owned a business.

Businesses start up several hundred thousand a year, and several hundred thousand of them do not last a year. That is way it goes. For the ones that do succeed, this is time of trial. For the first 5 years you may not see a profit. (I was a business major. I do not have a business, now.) This is a time of chance. You go to the bank, try to get a loan, you have no profit but you have a business plan and projections. If they have foresight, you get the loan. If they know nothing about business, hang it up.

Let's say you got the loan and it's 7 years down the road. You want to hire 10 more people. Then comes the new tax code. Depending on what Congress and your state did to you determines whether 10 people will get a job.

Ten people who may have children, an elderly parent, or is single. Ten people who will pay taxes, buy clothing, buy other large items from which to collect taxes, and the Democrats cannot seem to understand or count this as tax revenue.

This is one reason they don't seem to understand, "IT AIN'T THEIR MONEY!" I am tired of hearing the rich are getting richer. The richest people are in Congress and the Senate! They bought those seats by not allowing people who like our ideas and ideals to support our campaigns.

Then they spend all that money trying to get re-elected before they even start their jobs. I'm sick of it. Republicans, I am not pleased with you, either. Are you a majority or not? If you don't want to act like it, maybe you shouldn't be. Maybe you don't believe in the promises you made to us.

Oh, I am angrier at you than I am at the Democrats. At least I know what the Democrats are about! I don't agree nor like what it is, but at least I know. You, on the other hand, won't even fight for our guys for the judiciary, for the UN, for the President's Cabinet. You let them suffer attacks that if you were to try on them would be called to floor for an apology and would give it!

They don't apologize for anything. I don't care if you're friends. I don't care about your "esteemed colleague." I didn't send you there to make friends. I sent you there to work. Now get to it! NOW!

My apologies. I guess I got a little bee in my bonnet. I feel much better now. lol. I sure hope this made sense...?