Monday, June 27, 2005

A LETTER TO CHUCK AND HILLARY

I've posted a letter with a few tough questions, which I emailed to my liberal NY Senators, over at LEAVWORLD. I would like to invite all non-NY'ers to forward me questions that they would like to ask Chuck and Hillary. I don't expect a response other than a form emal from them, but I only scratched the surface with my first round of questions. As with all my emails to my elected representatives, I will publish the selected (good;tough;concise) questions over at LEAVWORLD. I can do this without your help, but I am interested in the thoughts of my fellow conservatives around the nation. So many of you have inspired me with your writing; you have reaffirmed my committment to the priciples that have changed my life.

For the record: I was a radical leftie for much of my life, only seeing the light around 1992, thanks to a combination of Rush Limbaugh and Bill Clinton. There were gray areas, as in my hawkish feelings after the '83 Lebanon bombing (while I was serving in the U.S.M.C.), which still resonate today. The point is that I know how the liberals think. When you read my letter, understand that I see Hillary and Chuck not as the enemy, but as what they are: accountable elected officials. Accountable to me, as one of their constituents. One who happens to have a blog, and associates with other bloggers.

The momentum is on the side of conservatives. We are the true progressives. School vouchers, medical savings accounts, and most of the new political ideas are coming from our side. Help me express them to my liberal senators, and show them how the policies they support are actually hurting the people they claim to represent! I'm probably spittin' into the wind again, but if not me, then who? If not now, then when wil I start telling them what I think?