Friday, May 26, 2006

Students Riot in Iran, Where is the Press?

I am sick to death of waiting for the press to bring us news of events that are occurring on a daily basis that could change the political scene in Iran without firing a shot. Where are they? They do not war, or do they? I do not.

A good friend by the name of 'Winston' has some very good posts over at The Spirit of Man. He has several more, besides that one. Press the 'home' link at the bottom of the post.

I have learned from my good friend Korosh: "Senior student leader Abdollah Momeni said up to 2,000 students had gathered for the protest over the expulsion of some students and the way authorities had been handling critics. He added 20 had been seized by Islamic vigilantes who broke into the dormitories." [continue reading]

This piece comes from the National Review Online:
In Iran, almost every week sees a new protest against the regime. Unfortunately, most of these protests escape the West’s notice, but some are large enough to capture headlines. So it was this week, when Reuters reported that up to 2,000 stone-throwing students clashed with Tehran’s police.
You can find this under Window on the Week - 5/26/06. Just scroll down past the first article.

The Daily Briefing on Iran is also a very good site to read everyday. They have an article with pictures in the link provided. If you want to know what is happening in Iran, this is the place I look first.

I tried to look up any news about the riots at the Washington Times, but I could not find any. I may have missed it, so I left a comment. Maybe they will get the message.

I did, however, find some more news over at Roger L. Simon's. He is one of the greatest. I do not know how he does everything he does! Check him out when you get the chance. If you scroll down, I'm sure you will find something of interest to you.

Well, I do believe that is enough links to news articles about the student riots in Iran. It is up to you whether you believe the news you received here (with all the links to clarify) or those who choose not to cover it at all. The silence is deafening...Update: Iran Press News has this article from yesterday concerning the riots. Hat tip to Aryamehr.

There is also another friend of mine, The Bos'un Locker, who wrote Riots in Tehran Universities: 'We Don't Want Nuclear Energy' yesterday. I must admit, I am a little late reporting this. Pray the students not to be harmed and to have success. Thank you.

Category: Iran.