Sunday, June 19, 2005

I Love Our Military!

As a new poster here, I thought I'd start out on a high note. As you may know, if you read my personal blog Dagney's Rant, that I am normally ranting and raving about some stupidity from the left. So I thought it would be nice to begin on the right foot here.

I was reading my favorite milblogs this morning, and ran across Greyhawk's comments about a post at The Huffington Puffery...uh...Post. I never read the Puffery, but his comments intrigued me. I won't advertise for it here, you can go to Mudville Gazette to get it. What I do want to link is the comments section of that post. I frequently read the comments of many blogs, and do not bother with those who do not allow comments. The reason being that I don't trust bloggers who do not trust their own convictions enough to stand up to possible criticism.

One comment in particular caught my eye. Since the post was an attempt by the left to leave the reader with the impression, "if you read milblogs, don't believe a word they say because they are censored". This commenter currently serving in Iraq caught my eye because he stated that when/if he gets back, he's running for Maxine Water's seat in the House! [He just went on my prayer list!]

"It is not so hard to avoid politics here, we have other things to occupy us, such as IEDs, VBIEDs, Snipers, Suicide Bombers, Insurgents, bad drivers, lack of motivation, temperatures in excess of 125 degrees and climbing, stupid comments by Senator Durbin. Oops did I say that out loud? What I meant was comments like this, and I quote; "If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control," he said, "you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime -- Pol Pot or others -- that had no concern for human beings." Sentaor Dick Durbin. Ok having clarified that, and properly quoting him, now as what an individual thinks is a matter not easily contested in court, or other punitive forum... "I think he is an idiot." End quote from personal opine, and inner thought."

Now that is the caliber of person we want to represent us in Congress, folks!